How to Apply
Stewartville’s Economic Development Authority (EDA) was established to attract, promote, and develop an economically sound future for the community. The EDA is a professional advocate for the business community. We provide ideas, information, venture capital, financial packaging, and expertise in business development and retention, focusing on projects that aim to make Stewartville a better place to live, work, and do business.
In keeping with the above stated objective, the EDA established this program with the intent to enhance and improve the visual aesthetics of the community. This program is designed to encourage owners to restore existing properties and enhance the general character of the property.
Forgivable loan up to $7,500 per building, with dollar-for-dollar match requirement.
For projects > $15,000. Revolving loan available for balance of project over $15,000 at 0% APR; RLF limit and term determined on a per project basis. Participation in Part 1 satisfies owner equity requirements of the loan program.
Eligible Project Items
- Rehab/replacement of exterior windows visible from public areas that enhance the character of the building
- Rehab/replacement of exterior doors visible from public areas that enhance the character of the building
- Replacement of missing decorative building features
- Rehabilitation or replacement of historic rooflines (such as corbels, parapets or other decorative or historic features of materials consistent with the historic nature of the building)
- Rehabilitation or replacement of roof covering materials if visible from public areas and decorative or historic in nature
- Historic preservation-related items that require specialized care or expertise such as tuckpointing and cleaning.
- Removal of non-historic materials or additions to otherwise historic buildings
- Awnings with either historic qualities or that add to the character of the building
- Ancillary decorative lighting
- Screening of unsightly features such as utility connections, dumpsters, etc…
- Other permanent, fixed, above ground decorative features that enhance the visual aesthetics of the City.
Ineligible Project Items
- Any interior work
- New construction and building additions
- Improvements not visible from public areas
- Parking lots
- Painting and siding (except if allowable above)
- Roofs (except if allowable above)
- Plants and other movable, non-permanent landscaping features
- Improvements already completed or in progress at time of application
- Routine building maintenance